Today I have published in OKay's RPM repository RPMs for FreeSWITCH 1.6.16. FreeSWITCH is a complete VoIP switch that works on many platforms, including Centos 6 and Centos 7. This is one of the biggest packages I have ever done; there are more than 1800 hours of work behind to make it work (mainly because of the CentOS 6 support). When updating, you will notice it will download many libraries, most part of them not available anywhere.
The big difference on my RPM's is there are more sub-packages, for example, you can install only freeswitch-cli if you only need fs_cli command; Centos 6 RPMS for 32 and 64 bits are available with video support; I have imported a patch that fixes mod_nibblebill, in some situations leg b won't hang up and it will produce money losses. I have been updating some other dependencies such as VLC, OpenH264 and MPG123 with latest stable if you were using my RPM's you will notice more updates as well. Since the RPM of the 1.6.15 release, I have published the sounds for en-ca-june, the Canadian English language. If you live in Canada and you have done English exams such as CELPIP, you will notice those little differences.
Because libyuv is now part of the core, these RPMs are compiled with video support. Yes, you read it well, both Centos 6 and 7 with video support.
For those asking about FreeSWITCH changelog, this is the list published by them:
New features and improvements that were added:
- FS-9864 [mod_opus] Added OPUS@16000 with 10, 20, 40, 60 ms ptime
- FS-10061 [mod_verto] Allow for sending custom variables on incoming call via verto
- FS-10038 [core] Allow for configurable heartbeat events interval
- FS-10097 [mod_conference] Add fgimg to conference video layouts
Improvements in the build system, cross-platform support, and packaging:
- FS-10083 [core] Video audit
- FS-10075 [core] WebRTC mods
- FS-10037 [core] Update OpenSSL to version 1.0.2k for Windows
- FS-10003 [mod_ilbc] Force package to depend on ilbc2
- FS-10104 [mod_h323] Fixed a build error caused by FS-10025
- FS-10056 [build] Fixed modcheck.sh invocation
The following bugs were squashed:
- FS-10103 [core] Fixed a segfault on new call
- FS-10098 [core] Fixed an issue with video media bug in patch mode
- FS-10001 [core] Fixed buffer overflow while collecting digits
- FS-10088 [core] Adding various backports as a single patch
- FS-10076 [mod_av] Fixed some file sync issues with different framerates
- FS-9991 [mod_av] Fixed an issue with transcoding from H264 to VP8
- FS-10091 [mod_conference] Fixed an issue with conference play file with full-screen=true has brief issue on member video
- FS-10079 [mod_conference] Fixed a possible lockup when sending many commands to conference at once
- FS-10041 [mod_conference][mod_sofia] Fixed an issue with a using hold within a conference room
- FS-10019 [mod_conference] Fixed a crash caused by playing a video in personal canvas mode
- FS-10048 [mod_conference] Fixed a crash on mass exit of members from a conference
- FS-10067 [mod_sofia] Added an update-refresher profile param and sip_update_refresher channel var to use update for session timers
- FS-7989 [shell-utils] Fix bugs in fixbug.pl
- FS-10058 [mod_voicemail] Fixed the voicemail timestamp playing in military time
- FS-10032 [mod_amqp] Fixed log facilities
- FS-10054 [mod_smpp] Fixed an issue with reconnecting if connection was interrupted
- FS-10055 [scripts] Fixed gentls_cert script to use "@certsdir@"
RPM's are available for Centos 6 and 7. And you can find it if you type yum search freeswitch.
As I said, there are more than 1800 working hours so far in order to make this possible.
Enjoy!blog comments powered by Disqus